Thursday 1 April 2010

March Summary

A fairly tough month for me, as can be seen by my PnL. I made less this month, using almost twice the stakes, than I did last month. I have started trading the greyhounds in the morning and this helped boost my PnL a bit( not included in the summary), but I am still a bit disappointed with the result, although really happy to be in profit at all given how difficult it was and how badly I traded.



You can see that my average losses were getting bigger and bigger as the month went on. This was due to a number of things. I had changed the way I traded slightly, and wasnt able to deal with the extra risk this method brought. I was entering at the wrong time, and getting constantly caught out. And The cumulative effect of the losses affected my mental state so that I was less able to cut out quickly when needed.



My strike rate doesn't seem to change at all, its the same every month. Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't seem to be learning anything new about the markets at the moment which will help me pick better entry and exit points. But what I do now seems to work ok most of the time.



So I will be looking for much better results this month. I'm still waiting for a eureka moment that will help take me to the next level though, as if I continue to trade in the same vein as before, then I can only expect the same results.



No comments:

Post a Comment