Sunday 13 December 2009

battling back

Another day where I started badly, with a big loss, £5.56 in the 3rd race today. I feel I am much better at handling these losses, buoyed by the knowledge that I can make the loss back, and more, in the rest of the day. I don't seem to chase as much, and they are having less and less mental effect on me. So it turned out today, where I ended up making a decent profit for the day, £4.37.

Its weird thinking back to where I was a year ago, I had been on courses, I had had 1 to 1 tutoring, I had spent hours, and lots of money, trading, and it seemed totally baffling to me how it was possible to make a profit. A loss like this one today would have spiralled out of control.
It took a bit of help from Andy Fuller, some advice I saw on the Bet Angel forum, and really going back to basics, that has helped me turn things around in the last 8 months, from where I had never had a winning month in a year and a half, to having 4 winning months out of the last 5. As someone pointed out in a comment on one of my posts, I still have a long way to go, but I know that I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment