Tuesday 27 October 2009

A Better Day

Today actually went ok, after the disaster of yesterday which prompted me to start the blog. I am only using small stakes, and have just about got used to taking losses on the chin when using £2 stakes. When I move up to £10 stakes , everything I have learned seems to go out the window. I am much more panicy, fearful and undisciplined. Today after having written my first blog post and hopefully realised what I have to work on, I found it easier to take the bigger losses that happen when using £10 stakes. It helped that I had a nice 82% strike rate ( races not trades) . I took a £1.80 loss in 1 race and at the time I got a bit angry and started to think "Oh here we go again". I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and mentally pushed all the negative thoughts away from me, and it seemed to help calm me down. I ended up with a nice days profit after 17 races.

I think the big loss was in part caused by someone whacking a huge back bet on, in the last minute before the off. I have seen this happen a lot recently, sometimes a series of huge backs, and am wondering what they are doing. it happened in a few races today, sometimes on the favorite, sometimes on the 2nd or 3rd with about 30 seconds to go. I dont think its bookies, as it doesnt happen every race. I am very wary about putting any trades in with less than a minute to go, as you cant predict where hes going to strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment